Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Am I Getting Old?

I receive People magazine every week. I know that it is trashy and I shouldn't be interested in pictures and stories of people that I don't know, but I have always had this guilty pleasure. To this day, Mike has never bought a tabloid magazine for me. He thinks they are an invasion of privacy and I should be spending my time and money on something else. Ahhh, men and women are so different.

Lately however, I have been troubled when I open the glossy cover to engage in 45 minutes of pure oogling and gossip. I do not recognize these celebrities anymore!! Is this happening to anyone else? I remember the days when I felt as though I knew each celebrity personally - albeit through E! television or my trashy magazines. Now the kids in the magazines are 10 years younger than me singing songs and making millions.

I preferred it when I opened the cover and all the celebrities were my age or older. My freshman year of high school, I was 100% certain that if Brad Pitt and I were to have a chance encounter, he would immediately fall in love with me and we would live happily ever after. My behavior actually got a little stalkerish and it is probably for the best that we never met. Every week, my love was on the cover of some magazine at the CVS. I went home, read the articles and immediately cut out the pictures of Brad to tape onto my wall. (I am sure my parents loved this.) I watched with anticipation who he was dating, and clipped a picture with he and Gweneth Paltrow to join my collage. Then I clipped Gweneth's head and pasted a picture of me in it's place!

I do not remember how long the Shrine to Brad lasted, but it was at least a full school year. Slowly though, Brad was no longer the Sexiest Man Alive, and other, younger men began to take his place. You can imagine my excitement when I received my People magazine this week and he and Angelina were on the cover! Finally the Jonas Brothers and Miley Cirus have some serious competition! I had to write a quick blog about these thoughts, but now must get back to read"The REAL Story" behind all the Jolie-Pitt relationship rumors. I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment