Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sick

I hate being sick. I know there are probably not many people that do enjoy it, but it really annoys me. I hate watching all the things I need to do pile up around me while I lay in the bed and sleep. My mom told me today, "Imagine adding three kids to that mix." Good point.

Ever since I went to that wedding last week, I have been feeling a little off. I usually pick up some sort of virus on planes - I think I have a weak immune system. Regardless, I went about my business until yesterday. I went for what was supposed to be my "long" run and only got through half of it before I thought my legs were going to fall out from under me. By the time I got home I was exhausted. I showered, got back in the bed and pretty much slept all day. And all of today.

I am such a brat when I am sick. I called my parents this afternoon to whine and when I didn't get any sympathy from my dad (he told me about the new batch of beer he was making) I asked to speak to my mom. I started whining to her and she started talking to me about the new Scientific American article she was reading. Doesn't anybody feel sorry for me?? I think at times like this they may be glad I live 7 hours away!

Poor Mike. He gets the brunt of it. Aside from being a brat (when I am sick :-)) I am also a hypochondriac. I am the girl that used to get a headache when I was ten and was absolutely sure that I had a brain tumor. (They were really bad headaches!) Today I informed Mike that my mother read in her Scientific American magazine (that subscription has to go) that cats are able to sense when someone is about to die. I was freaking out because my sweet cat (whose sense seems to be a little off) would not leave me side. Personally, I think my cat realized I was not feeling well and was trying to comfort me.

Once I started to feel better today I realized that I had not eaten in 24 hours and was ravenous. Mike calls me the bulldog when I do not have enough sugar in my system and the bulldog, although sick, was coming out. Of course there was nothing in the fridge that I wanted to eat, except the orange juice that he went out and got me last night. So I kindly (yeah right) suggested that he go to the grocery store to get me some of their homemade soups. No matter that we have a billion cans of chicken noodle soup in the cupboard for just this sort of instance. I wanted the tomato gazpacho. He went! I know that I should not be rewarded for bratty behavior, and I did apologize for the fit I threw. I am also trying to catch up on some laundry and ironing to make up for my negative actions.

But now I am tired again. I have watched all the "Say Yes to the Dress" recordings that we have on the DVR and am trying to figure out if I have enough energy to read my book. Hopefully I will be feeling better tomorrow and poor Mike will have his "normal" acting girlfriend back.

No comments:

Post a Comment