Sunday, July 12, 2009

Does this Toothbrush Make My Butt Look Big?

So, they other night while I was getting ready for bed, I noticed something very disturbing. As I was brushing my teeth, I was appalled to feel something shaking in my lower half. If you are wondering if I was brushing my teeth with extreme vigor, I was not. Just the normal back and forth. My point is, my thighs and rear end were SHAKING!!

As I am getting older, I have noticed that things are starting to "fall." I didn't think this was supposed to happen until I at least got into my thirties. What is the deal? I am pretty sure I have resolved the issue. My metabolism is dying.

I have never been one to struggle with my weight. (Don't throw things at me - I just have been active for the majority of my life.) Of course, I am a normal girl and always feel like there are an extra 5 pounds or so that I could do without, but for the most part, things have been pretty stable. Until recently...

I have noticed that if I stray from my normal diet (say with some ice cream, maybe a cheeseburger) my weight jumps up within 24 hours. When I was in middle school/high school, Wednesday nights were our "take out" nights. My dad had a late clinic, so we headed to Taco Bell or Rally's. I see now that if my father was not home, feeding your children a well balanced meal was not a priority...:-) Regardless, these restaurants were right next to each other, so I indulged in both. My mom thinks I am making this up, but let's be honest. She had 3 kids in the car. Do you really think her memory on this particular point is spot on? I would inhale a Big Buford (that is a double cheeseburger), french fries, a Nachos Bell Grande and 2 soft tacos with sour cream - no problem. Granted, I was dancing at least 2 hours a day. My weight remained stable and my driver's license still says 110. Ha! (I like to say that I have gained impressive amounts of muscle.) Now, multiple pounds later, if I were to look at that food, my stomach would start protruding and my rear end would drop a few more inches.

Last night we did take out because I didn't make it to the grocery store - (I saw The Proposal instead.) I told Mike I was tired of my diet of ruffage and pasta. (These things are cheap - that is why we are eating them.) I ordered a cheeseburger and french fries. Of course, he also came home with potato skins, fried mushrooms and wings. (If you know my boyfriend at all, this is not a surprise. I gained 10 pounds when we started dating because I was trying to keep up with his wing intake.) 3 mushrooms in, I thought I was going to throw up. (Don't worry, I ate half the cheeseburger and all the fries anyway.) I guess this is my body's way of saying I cannot handle this food anymore. I was sprawled out horizontally willing my intake of fried fat to digest.

So I was thinking. I used to run to relieve stress, and have those endorphins kick in. Now in addition to that, I guess I am running to eat! If this is a problem now, what am I going to be eating in 20 years?? Maybe I will invest in an electric toothbrush - that may make me feel better!

1 comment: