Monday, August 24, 2009

This Weekend

I just got an email from my friend who said she has been checking my blog and there have not been any postings since Thursday. Sorry faithful followers, I have no idea what I have been doing, but I do think about what I am going to write about while I am falling asleep. (Trust me, it works.) Anyway, when I noticed my email pop up, I was studying for my pizza test. (That is a sentence I hoped I would never have to say!) I decided a quick update wouldn't take up TOO much time!

I have given much thought to this pizza test as it has become a thorn in my side. I thought after taking the bar twice and finishing undergrad and law school, I would no longer be required to memorize information and regurgitate it. Welcome to my potential new job. I actually called this morning to extend my test. I previously agreed that 6 days would be plenty of time to study, as opposed to the week the company grants upcoming employees. Nope. I procrastinated (as I did in all the other memorization tests I have ever taken) and am now on number 9 of the 12 speciality pizzas there are to offer. (I also have to know salads and what is in each dressing.) I can assure you that I am not pulling an all nighter for this test (I need my brain fully functioning at 2:30 tomorrow afternoon!) But if I accidentally put pepperoni on the "Edgar Alan Poe" I hope that y'all will not be too disappointed in me. You would be amazed at how clean this place is due to my procrastination!

I guess part of what made my weekend a little more exciting is that Mike turned his comprehensive papers in!! Now they have to be edited by his committee, revised by him and then he starts his dissertation. I can't think about it in the long term because I get stressed, so I think it is a milestone that the papers are done. Anyway, this weekend, we were actually able to spend time together which was huge! It is also an adjustment. Suddenly I am not the sole controller of the television and Mike likes the Discovery Channel and the History Channel. He DVRd a show about mining for diamonds and suggested I watch it if I wanted a ring. (He was kidding...I think.) I calmly suggested that he go pull my suitcases out of the closet as I would be leaving the next day. I did try to watch the show, but it was so freaking boring I fell asleep. Sort of like this pizza test....

I know this is getting long, but I have one more thing to tell y'all. I am still having trouble falling asleep, but it is not as severe as before. Last night after tossing and turning for at least an hour and a half, I was asleep. Mike was in bed watching t.v, so I had my earplugs and eye mask on. Anyway, I suddenly felt a claw over my face. I woke up and Mike was holding my nose!! "What the H$#@ are you doing?" I yelled. "Oh, you were snoring." You have got to be kidding me. Do you know how many times I have listened somewhat patiently to him snore, but was just happy that he was sleeping soundly? And then he tries to smother me!! My mom thought this was hilarious. I got him back though this afternoon. He went to take a nap and I did the same thing to him. He did not like it. Just a little taste of your own medicine is often the best remedy.

Ok, I hope that y'all all had a great weekend. I guess I will go back to the pizza studying...or maybe I should go to the grocery store?

2 comments:

  1. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...
    my mom just asked me what i was laughing at so hard! I can just picture you giggling while pinching his nose shut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if after you write a comment, you read what comes after it, but Lorelle. I was not giggling!! I was furious! :-) I couldn't stop talking about it all day and Mike thought it was a little weird that I was retaliating against him...you just have to keep things interesting!

    ReplyDelete