Friday, September 3, 2010

A Little of This, A Little of That

I just got off the phone with Best Buy for the second time in a week. Mike decided when we moved here that he needed new bookcases to keep all his Criminology books in, and found a pretty good deal at Best Buy. (In all fairness, one of his old bookcases is now in use as a china cabinet.) So, we ordered two bookcases to be delivered. When they arrived, one of them looked like the workers at UPS had taken a hammer to the sides. When we called to explain the situation, Best Buy sent out a new bookcase, but failed to pick up the old one. In addition, the new bookcase has a big chunk of wood take out of it. I now have two 100 pound pieces of wood laying in the middle of my entryway/dining room.

Today marks Mike and my's 3 month anniversary. My dad started laughing when I told him that my parents should fly us to the beach to celebrate. I feel like it has been WAY more than three months! Who gets married, moves, starts a new school, starts a new job, gets fired from the job and hired at a new job when you first get married? It is ridiculous. Granted, I am very happy to be married to Mike and have a job FINALLY, but there still seems to be something missing. I'm wondering if I am one of those people who is always going to find something to get upset about or if I just need to complete the transition here by finding some really fun friends.

It is currently 6:15 pm and I am still waiting for the temperature to fall below 90 so I can go run. (Also, my IPOD is dead and charging.) That is one of the things I just searched through about 6 boxes to find...Mike is getting ready to go to school and do work and I am going to....? Sorry if this sounds very "I feel sorry for myself today." My best friends from home were all together this weekend, either pregnant or as new mommas and I think I am feeling a little far away and in a sense, left out. It's weird that they are all going through this very precious stage in life together and I am not.

We have made some friends here and were lucky enough to spend some time at their house yesterday stuffing ourselves and watching college football. We had a great time and are looking forward to continuing to hang out with them! Ok, I am going for a run - hope everyone is having a great Labor Day weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment