Friday, September 17, 2010

And We Are Still Leaking

So...it rains a lot here. These torrential downpours where out of no where the rain just starts coming down slanted, thunder is rumbling and lightening is flashing. I really don't mind the rain - just not at 5:00 when I am headed home from work and can't park in our garage. Soooo....as I told you, we had some minor issues with the house. When I asked Mike when the people were coming back to do the repairs, he replied, "I'm gonna be honest. I had a paper due so I wasn't really listening." WHAT? Apparently today was the day they were coming back. No one was home. Now it is pouring. Of course it is.

So, I after I just mopped up the office, I called our landlord. He made me feel like it was our fault that no one was home. Ok, in a way it was, but why didn't they try to call me? Besides, I could hear that our landlord was in a bar and I seemed to be interrupting his darts game. He gave me the number to call for the handy man, but of course, who picks up a 205 area code after 5:00? (or ever.)

Mike does have class at 7, so I am alone to listen to the rain, watch Oprah and Project Runway and hope that this guy calls back. Tomorrow we are supposed to go to Oktoberfest here (I know it is September) but it is featured in USA Today every year as one of the best ones. HOPEFULLY we will get the garage cleaned out and be able to enjoy ourselves. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment