Monday, September 13, 2010

Content

I don't want to jinx it, but things are going extremely smoothly right now. Almost to the point where I would like to say we are getting settled, and finally, content. Of course nothing is ever normal here and there are going to be the daily occurrences that make me throw my hands up and say, "of course." A quick example - last week we had horrendous storms from some Tropical Depression. (I know, I should watch the news.) Regardless, Mike called me into the study to show me where water was leaking in through the windows. As he continued to search the house for further damage, he found a piece of the garage ceiling had fallen down and water was coming in upstairs.

Once we called our landlord, he came out and took care of it which was a relief. It is definitely a plus that we are renting - who knew that crazy storms pass through Texas all the time? We also have had some issues with the shower door in the master bath. The issue is, I got stuck. It was really the scariest thing! We have a glass shower and I shut the door (like normal people do.) When I was done, I went to step out and the door wouldn't open! After several attempts, I started banging on the shower door and screaming, "HELP." Of course, I had closed the door to the bedroom and Mike had the tv on downstairs so he didn't hear me. As thoughts of me being found passed out from lack of food and water ran through my head, I finally decided to kick the door. I was vaguely worried that I would break the glass, but the thought of continuing to be a rat caught in a cage was not enticing. After my second or third kick the door bounced out. Mike couldn't figure out why I was so upset when I came downstairs dripping and frantically talking jibberish. The door will be replaced on Wednesday.

Aside from that, nothing too exciting is going on. Mike's best man came into town on business and was our first non-family guest. Of course, he arrived the day the house started leaking, but oh well. He was a good sport and we really enjoyed his company. (He also didn't say anything when I woke up in the middle of the night and realized there were no sheets on the guest bed.) I snuck in to give him another blanket (which is kind of weird in retrospect) but I felt horrible! Damn martini on a Wednesday night!

That's about all the exciting stuff. People drive like crazy people here, and it is still in the high 90s. No one really cares about college football (go figure) but I am going to try and be a good sport and see if I can root for the Cowboys. I am really enjoying work and have been able to go to court twice, which is kind of a rush for me. I know, I am a dork, but it is so fun! Sooo, that is what has been going on in our lives. Don't worry - not much has changed. Mike left for work/school a little while ago and I am about to curl up with a book. Hope all is well!

1 comment:

  1. Mike didn't believe me when I told him you snuck in @ 3am looking to give it (blankets) up!

    ReplyDelete