Monday, August 2, 2010

Packing and Relaxing

This is what I woke up to today. Before I went to sleep last night, Mike informed me that he needed to go through and pack up some of his papers. Apparently, he got distracted before that last key part was complete. href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhCt4hYoxpGIMMxuBXBfYQyevQHXaZ6I994Zl-TocOqPnqHnbus9XGNu8QAQ5BofD-xf4NtIJYAH4e80soynpH8TgXwkUw41s7H_dee6GdFUHADAExbLtJH1th-hyCaSppyohYij0Kadink/s1600/IMG_0205.JPG">
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi8OqMMFaGFL50pY0iohH8P_V_bI5-7rRDm9IEmjaPUdpveZTDSDy24zFF_Mt8jDe5glMIoQBQ6xLJzlhpAnMS_EnzozDIZJWKNtiGZvBCEAaQ06GrWOUubedMc00OLSomrnQvOglkDEg4U/s1600/IMG_0204.JPG">




Here's the deal. I can't figure out how to write in between the pictures, and I don't know why there are weird symbols showing up, so I am just going to write what I need to write down here. First of all, the second and third pictures show just how much packing we have left to do. That has been our designated spot for wedding presents since we have run out of storage. Surprisingly enough, we have actually packed up quite a bit of it....you just can't tell. Look at sweet Lullabelle. I don't know who is going to have the panic attack first - her or me.

The next pictures were to show that we took some time off Saturday night to spend some much needed quality time with some of our favorite people in St. Louis. Mike grilled, we drank wine and played board games. It was a lot of fun, and something to look forward to as we continue to wake up every day trying to figure out what to pack next. Thankfully, Mike's parents are coming in town Wednesday. Mike's father has volunteered to drive the U-Haul truck, and I am hoping that we might get a little extra packing help from a new set of eyes. Sometimes it is easier to pack/clean when it is not your house!

As promised before, I need to tell you about our trip to the University of Texas - Dallas (UTD) and the floozie secretary. Mike and I met with the graduate director of the school to help him figure out more precisely what his plan is next year. She then took us to meet the Dean of the school. As we walked into his office area, we were met by what I can only call a Texas Barbie. Her blonde curly hair flowed gracefully down her shoulders and her flawless skin and perfect smile greeted us when we opened the door. Mike's teacher introduced her, and I quickly dismissed her name because I didn't think we would be having a lot of interaction with her. UNTIL, the teacher introduced Mike and stated, "Mike is also in the Phd program with you." Of course he is.

Mike began babbling about how he will "see her in the fall" and walked away to meet the dean as I stood there feeling very short and pimply. Kind of like 7th grade all over again. I stuck my hand out and introduced myself as Mike's wife. She was very nice and of course, I don't think she is out to steal my husband, but it was a little intimidating. As we walked outside, Mike's professor whispered to me, "Don't worry, they don't all look like that." See - even she gets it!

So, we are going to be packing up the rest of the week. Please be thinking about us as make this crazy move without hopefully going crazy ourselves!!
Now, if I could only get this one to get out of the bed....




Have a wonderful Monday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment