Friday, July 30, 2010

A Slump

So, we are moving in exactly a week. We haven't started packing. I feel like I am sitting in cement and just can't get the strength to to break out of it. I have never moved by myself (without my parents) and although this sounds very childish, I just don't know where to start without my mom directing me. I finally went to Target today to get some bins for our clothes, but never actually got any clothes into them.

Our real estate agent came by a few days ago and stated, "I really don't envy what you have to do in the next few days." Aside from assuring us that we will lose lots of money on our condo, I felt like we were in a episode of "Hoarders." Outgrowing this space is an understatement. We are bursting at the seams. I kept apologizing as we went through each room, desperately trying to convince her that we are generally much neater when there is space to put everything. The wedding presents do not help the situation. People were so generous, but we have presents stacked in their boxes behind the couch. And now I am beginning to question, do I really need a wok?

Last night was my last night at work. I will not miss these days of coming home at 3:00 am, but I am going to miss the girls that I recently met and really clicked with. I think that even after all the complaining I have done for the past two years, we have made some incredible friends and incredible memories in St. Louis. It is a very bittersweet time, and that is also an issue. Not a lot of time to process the change.

Finally, my husband. Isn't it fun to call them that? He seems to think that we are going to pack up this place in a day. And so I come home to find that he has found multiple new trashy day time television shows and no movement from the couch. I can't fix this, as much as I have yelled/screamed/cried. The most response I have gotten is when I sit quietly. He knows there is something wrong when I am not talking a mile a minute. Talk about the stress of your first year of marriage! When asked what his plan was, his response is, "I have one." That just doesn't put my mind at ease.

So, I ate some ice cream for dinner. I am hoping to throw some t-shirts, etc into these bins tonight and get a fresh start in the morning. And yes, I know that people move all the time and maybe I am being a baby, but this is what we are dealing with right now. Tomorrow night we are having a bbq with some of my favorite people in St. Louis, which should be a lot of fun. In addition, I have this looming knowledge that I am turning 30 in exactly 13 days. That, and the thoughts that come with it are a post for another day. So, I will be updating because writing always makes me feel a little better. Hope all is well and everyone enjoys their weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment