Monday, August 23, 2010

Moving to the Big D

Well. We are here! I don't even know where to start because so much has happened in the past two weeks. Let's begin back in St. Louis when we rented a 22 foot truck, two guys to load it up and 6 hours later. We STILL had more furniture to load up. So the next morning, Mike's father left in the truck as I called around frantically trying to find a U-Haul trailer that we could load and hitch to Mike's car. We finally found a place available and started loading up. I can't even tell you how many boxes we loaded, unloaded, packed, repacked and STILL left things in our storage unit. I can't get over how much stuff we have. At 5:00 am one morning (the second night of sleeping on the floor in our condo)I told Mike I was done. I was leaving and refused to spend one more night in that place. When we woke up, I helped him load the last bit of things into the trailer and took off. I rolled into Dallas around 1:00 am. Mike didn't leave with me and secretly unloaded the trailer AGAIN trying to fit more things in.

Once we all got here, we began unloading. And unloading. We still can't use our garage because there is so much stuff in there. And oh, did I mention it has been 107 degrees here every day since we arrived?? You don't leave the house here unless you have your hair in a ponytail and are very scantily clad! Mike's mom left yesterday after helping decorate and unpack. She was so helpful in organizing things and "helping out" to buy a few "necessary" things for the house. Who can live without a few new candles and extra decorative accessories?

I made my first and last trip to IKEA. That place is nuts. We walked, and walked and walked some more. When we finally checked out, we had more in our cart than we came for, and I had popped an anxiety pill. BUT we were able to enjoy 2 hotdogs, 2 waters and a bag of chips for $2. Mike and I may end up heading out there just for cheap date nights!

So, Mike started classes last week. I will write in my next post about how I was hired and fired as a personal assistant within one week. (I know, I can't get over it and am still dealing with the blow to my pride.) However, we are getting settled in and are really happy to have relocated. We have already hung out with some friends that I knew in college and I just feel like we are going to be very happy here.

PS - Mike has not moved from the couch since the cable guy came today. Apparently we moved to Dallas so we could get a discount on U-Verse. I can't really tell a difference except that I now know I can know watch my DVRd Real Housewives of New Jersey in the other room.

PPS - I turned 30.

I will post again tomorrow to continue to catch you up. I want to show you pictures of our house! I am headed to bed as it is already 12:30. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment