Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Big 3-0....Again...

As I have mentioned before, we love birthdays. We do not have children to celebrate birthdays with yet, so we basically act like children when our special day comes around. Last year was kind of a rushed Big 3-0 celebration as we were moving and there honestly just wasn't time for a lot of celebrating. That's ok, it just gave me that much more to celebrate this year!

I mentioned Mike's parents were in town a few weeks ago. Mrs. C took me shopping for my birthday. She always saves me from looking like one of those "fashion dont's." I was able to pick out a few special things and had a wonderful birthday dinner. I have realized this year, I don't really like surprises. I thought I did. I always said that I wanted big surprises, but I think I wanted to plan the surprise and then be surprised so that everything would be just how I wanted it. Does that make sense?

This year, I told Mike to decide what we were going to do for my birthday week/day. But then I kept making suggestions. "Maybe we should go see a movie?" "Maybe we should specifically go see The Help at 5:30 and then go get sushi?" "Maybe we should go to that sushi place we haven't tried?" Mike finally asked me, "I'm sorry - did you want to plan this, or am I?" So, I tried to let go.

It was perfect.Yes, we did end up seeing The Help and eating sushi, but we just had so much fun being out together. I am so thrilled because I got some new sunglasses just in time for us to head to the beach. My old ones are all scratched up and you can't really see out of them. (I promise they still look cool.) I also got this cake:


It makes me smile. No, Mike cannot take credit for the flowers, but the rest of the decorating is his handywork. We didn't have any candles so I blew out a lighter...is that redneck? Yesterday we laid around and watched movies and today, we FINALLY sold my Pathfinder! We have had it on Craig's List for several months and someone contacted me saying they wanted to buy it ASAP. We are "making the swap" on Tuesday at 4:15 in the grocery store parking lot. I feel like I am living on the edge.

I don't remember if I mentioned that I am going to B'ham a few days early so that I can see all my "nieces" and finally meet my "nephew." I will take a picture with all four of these sweeties so you can see why I get so excited to go home. On that note, I showed Mike this picture today:


His response: "Which one is this?" Well, that would be our niece.
It just goes to show you how many babies flash in front of his eyes everyday. Isn't she getting so big and so cute!! I told her momma those eyes are going to be trouble! Sean, you better get your gun!

Anyway, there's the weekend update. Hope everyone's weekend was just as great!

2 comments:

  1. Awe, I remember the pathfinder! I bet you transported many kids from TPI in that thing...LOL

    Enjoy birthday celebrations now...once you have kids, it's all about theirs!

    ReplyDelete