Thursday, February 3, 2011

Stir Crazy

Well, we have been iced in our home for three days now. Who would have believed that the first year we moved to Texas would result in an ice storm? I am fine with it here though. It feels like home. Everything is shut down and the grocery store (from what I understand) is completely bare. I made cookies the other night and had to skate over to my neighbor's house and borrow cinnamon. They are a sweet older couple who actually invited us over for dinner tonight. I told her I would bring cookies, but I have to make a new batch because that first one was horrible! They literally would have made a hole in the wall of we had thrown one.

Whether or not my work is open is dependent on the Dallas School System. As there have been almost 1000 schools closed over the past three days, we have not been at work. Mike's school has also been closed, which has left us....staring at each other. Yesterday we watched a lot of tv. When dinner time came, Mike decided he wanted wings and pizza. I was terrified for him to be driving anywhere, but his mind was set. He said he only slid twice; once on accident and once in the parking lot when he was trying to?? Anyway, we rented The Social Network and then "Saw, The Final Chapter." Interesting fact: Mike and I have seen every Saw together. Although they probably won't win any Oscars, we are always entertained. However, this last one was AWFUL! Do not spend money to see this movie. The plus was that Mike made a fire (with the one log of wood we had left) and I sat and ate hard cookies.

Today started with a fun discussion about the budget...that's all I have to say about that.

My rib is still bothering me, and making it difficult to sleep on my stomach. Plus, we have both gotten some sort of cold. Mike is a lot worse off than I am, but we are probably not the picture of health right now. That's about it....it is supposed to snow here again tonight, and I am wondering what the work outcome is going to be. I would post some pictures, but it is just not pretty. Ok, I guess I am going to attempt that second batch of cookies - who knew I was such a Martha Stewart?!

No comments:

Post a Comment