Thursday, May 27, 2010

I Just Can't Stop




So, I have a confession. For the last 2 weeks I just can't stop crying. I don't know what my deal is, but you would literally think that someone had died. In fact, I am wiping HUGE tears away right now as I watch "Oprah Says Goodbye to Nate Berkus." What in the world? I shopped for about 5 hours today, and almost started crying when I couldn't find a dress for the rehearsal dinner. (Don't worry - I did. Disaster averted.) I don't know if it is stress, or just the idea of a huge life change. Don't get me wrong...I cannot wait to get married. Believe me. I have been complaining about NOT being married for the past 3 years! It is just so bizarre knowing that in 9 days, I will be Mrs. Cherbonneau (the 2nd.) All of the planning, the organizing and the little "tiffs" that have occurred since September is coming to an end, and this thing is for real!

I was never one of those girls that paraded around with a pillow case on my head, pretending to be the bride, but planning this party (and of course, the beautiful ceremony ;-)) has been a lot of fun. It has opened my eyes to who my true friends are - the ones that will stand by you when there is a break down about bridesmaids dresses. Let's be honest - you just aren't yourself when you are under this type of stress! I am wondering if Mike wants his ring back...

Tonight I listed off all the things that are wrong with Mike. Why would I do that? Who wants to marry someone that can tick off the things that drive them crazy about them? Poor guy - what is he going to have to deal with when I get pregnant? (And yes, I have broken 3 bows. Mike actually broke one on "accident" the other day, and then informed me that that would be the child I would take care of on my own.)

All I can say is that words truly cannot describe how excited I am to marry Mike. Regardless of the tears, he is THE person that I know I can turn to with anything - worries, laughs, and a dirty house. I am thrilled to have all of those that we love together in one place to celebrate with us and I am ecstatic to board a plane on June 6th and head to Aruba. I am pretty sure the next few weeks are going to be crazy, so I will leave you promising to post TONS of pictures when we get back. I wonder if there are any sad movies on tv....?

1 comment:

  1. Jenny! It's okay let it out!!! I get like that sometimes too :)

    ReplyDelete