Sunday, May 9, 2010

Fun Times In Birmingham

Well, Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers and mothers to be. We celebrated last week because I was still in Birmingham and my Grandma was visiting. We had a great time, got a cake and grilled out. I have to tell you, my Grandma was so much fun while she was visiting for our shower. This lady is 78 years old and has still got it. She still has her smart, sarcastic wit, but is truly one of the most caring people I have ever met. I have enjoyed getting to know her as an adult, rather than my "grandma" and have learned so much from her, particular since I have gotten engaged.

My mom, grandma, and youngest sister left early last Saturday for my shower in Atlanta. Y'all, this shower was beautiful One of my bridesmaids came down from Columbia, SC just to attend, as well as multiple other people who generously gave up their time on a Saturday afternoon. (I can't lie - I would have come just for the food :-) It was great to get re-acquainted with Mike's parent's friends, and things will be a little less foreign for me when the wedding rolls around in 26 days!! I am so excited and honored to have so many people who care for Michael and me and are willing to come visit with us.

We left the shower with several huge bags of homemade cookies (one which was meant for Mike but never quite made its way back to St. Louis. He wasn't happy) and headed back to Birmingham. I stayed for a few days after, while we celebrated Mother's Day and then went to look at wedding bands!! When I say "we" I do mean, me and Grandma. We actually took a little road trip to a jeweler a few hours away. When Grandma heard that I was driving there, she volunteered her time and person because she "Just couldn't imagine me driving all that way by myself." We were able to get some good quality talking time in and found the perfect band. We are still working on Mike's. The one I chose for him is apparently "too girly." I don't know what we are going to do with him.

Yesterday one of my bridesmaids and great friends up here threw me a shower at her house. It was so nice, and since I only have a handful of friends up here, it was very casual and easy. The girls that I have met through running came, as well as one more who I met through my BAR courses. We had a great time chatting and enjoying each others' company. I have pictures, but I am too lazy to get them on the computer. I know, it would make this blog much more interesting. Sorry.

Finally, the job. I LOVE IT. Now, I am not aspiring to be a waitress for the rest of my life, but I am very happy with the place I am working, as well as the girls that I am working with . I can't lie - it is more of a bar than a restaurant, but they do have good food and I can wear jeans and a polo. There seem to be some regulars who come in, and I have been told that this is where I will really make my tips. I sort of feel like I work at Hooters, just a little, but I am trying to get over it and just try to make some money. Man was law school a great investment!!

Ok, I am headed for bed. Mike got back from his Bachelor Party in New Orleans today and is already snoring away. I don't think he has slept in 48 hours. My sisters and I are going to NOLA next weekend for my "bachelorette party." All my girls are spread around the country, so a sisters trip ended up being the best option. I am really excited about it and can't wait to get back down south.

Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend and Mother's Day!! Will hopefully update sooner than later!

No comments:

Post a Comment