Sunday, January 17, 2010

O.M.G.; O.O.C.

This is how I feel about work right now. I know that a lot of these posts are about my serving experience, but let's be honest...what else is going on? Since I came back from Alabama, I have noticed that things were a little tense at work. Some of the girls were being catty, which didn't really surprise me, but I didn't understand it. Soon, I made the connection of who was trying to fire me and why. I was told that one of the servers was dating our old kitchen manager. No...not Killer, but another 22 year old with a weird goatee that went down close to his chest.

For some reason, the kitchen guy noticed me and decided that he liked me. (I am patting myself on the back - this is not an accomplishment.) Well, his girlfriend decided that I was trying to steal the bearded child away and made sure to talk about me to all the girls there. There were a few who stuck by me, but most of the girls made sure to keep away. Now, I would like to just take a minute to look at the facts. A) Everyone knows that I am engaged. Why the hell would I break off my engagement and relationship of many, MANY years, to date a guy that manages a pizza joint? B) Does a bearded bald kid who is 7 years younger than me really seem like my type?? Where is this logic coming from??

The next super fun thing that happened is that I was sat down by one of my managers, who proceeded to tell me that the only thing I was bringing to my job was a "sparkling personality." Apparently my serving skills are "inadequate" and she has recently new servers who will do a much better job than me. I held it together until I got out of the restaurant and then started crying. I told Mike I was writing my resignation letter right that second. After a lot of reasoning, Mike convinced me to sleep on it and see how I felt the next day. Surprise! I still wanted to quit. But, the deal is, I have to have another job to start before I quit this one. Apparently this "marriage" thing gives Mike a say in what is going on.

At this point, I think we are having a race as to whether I will resign or be fired first. Tonight I messed up a pizza, and finally, after much patience, I yelled at the girl that has created a coup against me. They still have to grade my beer and wine test, so who knows where things will go. In the meantime, if anyone has connections in St. Louis, let me know!! I will nanny, do social work, and some legal stuff if they let me!! HELP!!!

1 comment: