Thursday, January 7, 2010

I'm Back

So, I made a whopping $19 at work today. No one wants to drive/walk though snow to eat pizza. This is the time for delivery, which is something that we don't do. Currently, I am supposed to be finding a good chili recipe, but I thought I would blog instead. We had a great 2 week holiday in the South. We visited both Birmingham and Atlanta, so we got both families in. When we got to Birmingham, I don't think Mike knew what he was getting into.

Because we only come into town briefly, I crammed a ton of wedding things to do into 2 days. We saw florists (Mike did not attend those meetings), took engagement pictures, and tasted food. I don't think I am cut out for modeling. The photographer kept telling me to "relax" and "look natural" while I was leaning up against a wall with my hand over my head. On the other hand, Mike has either already been married, or modeled in a previous life. The photographer kept saying, "Way to go Mike!" "Ooh - great pose Mike!" Between the two of us, we got some really good shots and some really cheesy and amusing ones.

Now we are back in St. Louis. Yes. It is cold, but I know that it is cold all over the country. The only difference between here and the South is that things do not shut down for a little snow, or even the slight chance that there will be snow. I know half the schools were closed in Birmingham last night before even one flake fell. In contrast, while snow was building up outside our window last night, I was wondering if you get snow days for working in a restaurant. Nope. You don't.

Now, I have to tell you what I got for Christmas. Lots of jewelry, clothes and books, which I always love. The best thing was the THREE slow cooker recipe books that I got. This is a life saver and may help Mike and I get thin again. The nights that I work at the restaurant are usually a free for all, and I end up finding wing carcasses when I get home. I try to get a salad, but really, after being on your feet and staring at pizza all night, who wants a salad?? I am hoping the slow cooker will get us back on track.

I think that's about it. The best thing about the holidays was that our families were all together. Even Julia, who is exploring Iceland and the Caribbean these days, was able to come home. We enjoyed spending time together, and just hanging out, knowing that everyone was there.

I hope you all enjoyed the holidays - gotta find a chili recipe now!

No comments:

Post a Comment