Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I am Jello

I haven't had a clue what to write about for the past week. I feel like y'all are probably getting tired of the daily grind around here (I am) and I wanted to write something dazzling and inspiring. While I am not sure that this post will meet that criteria, I will tell you its idea came to me as I was pulling a jar of pickles out of the refrigerator. No, I am not going to write to you about pickles - although I do love them. I am going to write about how my pickles were plain. They had no funny eyes made out of olives, or toothpick arms. The point is, they were not creative.

Do you remember in "My Best Friend's Wedding" when Julia Roberts says to Cameron Diaz, "You are NOT Jello. You are ne-ver gon-na be Jello." As far as the creative world is concerned, I am never going to be Creme Brule. I am Jello.

I have known for quite awhile now that I am not artsy, creative or really a DIY-er. Then I joined Pinterest. I was floored by how little I actually know how to do and how CUTE everyone seems to be. Did YOU know you can make a wreath from a few feet of tubing from Lowe's, a glue gun and Christmas ornaments?  I actually vowed not to join this new site when it first came out. Why do I need more reasons to procrastinate/stare at a computer screen? But I broke down. Several of my friends at home were talking about how great it was....and I caved. So for the last few days, I have been perusing ideas for a new kitchen, recipes, DIY holiday ideas and clothes. I actually described to Mike the kitchen I wanted and what walls I would tear out/colors I could use to create the perfect space. I could be Creme Brule! And yet, Mike reminded me we are renting....and not buying a house anytime soon. Back to Jello.

So, for me, the best thing about this site is the recipes. Did you know that everyone in America has a blog now? I guess I wanted to believe that I was one of the elite few. I'm not. You like to cook? You have a cooking blog. Do you sew? Log into that clothing blog. Anyway, I have found some of the best recipes on this site, and that is one thing I KNOW I can do. Y'all  may not get a made from scratch, cutesy holiday ornament from me this year (ok - none of you will) but I can buy ingredients and put them together! And in the future, I will have some ideas for the house I want, the children's birthday parties I will throw and the cute wreath that I will just go buy at Target.

Now that the jar of pickles are gone, I hope you are dazzled and inspired by this post. And if you are Jello, don't worry - we too have our special, hidden talents! For proof, go join Pinterest. You just might just find them.

*This is not a paid advertisement for Pininterest, but we are accepting donations.*

No comments:

Post a Comment