Monday, September 12, 2011

Babies!

It's been awhile huh? I didn't realize when I booked my plane tickets that I would be gone for a full two weeks. Even though I had a great time visiting with friends and family, I was ready to get on the plane, see Mike and Lullabelle and get back into the swing of things. One of the best things about this trip is that it wasn't rushed. Usually when we are home for the holidays, we feel like we are cramming as many events and attempting to see as many people as possible. This trip, I was able to take my time and see almost everyone I could. (I miss you Rach and Anna Barton!)

I had a wonderful lunch with a friend and her sweet baby girl one afternoon. We had not spoken in almost ten years - not for anything important, life just drifted us apart. It was so nice to be able to pick up where we left off and sit for two hours chatting and laughing. I missed you Ellen! I wish I had a picture of her gorgeous baby,Vivi. But never fear, I think I have enough pictures of babies to make you smile for awhile.

One Thursday evening, five women thought it would be a good idea to bring four babies together into one room. My very best friend of 29 (yikes!) years was in town from New York and I had never met her eight month old baby! I still can't believe I went that long without seeing him. You can believe I soaked up all the time I could with him. I think his Grandmother was getting jealous....


 He looks a little concerned about Crazy Aunt Jenny here:


How could you not want want to squeeze him?

And now, introducing for the first time on the blog, (in random order because they are all beyond cute.)

Harper Miller:


Kate Maple:

And Riley Cook:


And here's what happens when you mix them all together!



Kate was over it. I think we were having a stare down...she won.


And Harper was avoiding the paparazzi at all costs. Don't you love that smirk?


It was chaos, but so much fun. It is amazing to me how much these little people have already developed such big personalities!

Did you think I was done? I went to lunch with another friend from high school who has 2 year old identical twin boys. Randomly, we reconnected through someone else's blog! We hung out at Whole Foods while her boys played.




They are precious things, John David and Timothy, and their mom Catie, is not so bad herself.

I planned to write about Mike and my's trip to the beach with my parents, but this is getting long by itself. I will make you wait for another post about our trip to Elberta, Alabama!



1 comment: