Sunday, March 27, 2011

And So We Begin Again

It's cloudy and chilly outside, which is a big change from the gorgeous 70-80 degree weather we have been having. All I want to do is lay down on the couch with my book before the week begins again. However, the bar studying has begun. The first time around, I missed the application deadline because we moved here so late in the year. After a pleading written to the bar Examiners, I was rejected (in January) and told that my application would be moved to the July, 2011 exam.

I think in a way, it was a really good thing. I now have several months of studying under my belt, and I was able to take a breather before diving in again. Sometimes I don't think you realize how much stress you are under until you are out of it. Part of that is survival. You just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Mike and I got married, moved, I started a new job, Mike started school and I started studying for the bar. In this interim of not having to study, Mike and I have been able to enjoy/discover what it is like to be newlyweds and hopefully begin to identify and resolve any issues that could begin to fester.

And of course, just when I have gotten used to not having to go straight to the desk (dining room table) to study after work, and started to enjoy my free weekends, this climb begins again. (Did Miley's Cirus's song just pop into anyone's head?) I am reluctant to let this free time go. Which is why I am blogging, considering reading my book and thinking about what I want to make for dinner. (We will be having shrimp and risotto with spinach :-)

Mike and I are doing well, and life is pretty boring, which is why my posts have been lagging. We went to dinner Friday night at a random little Italian restaurant, and then went to see "Unknown" which we both really liked. Work is a little tough right now, but I keep telling myself it is a wonderful opportunity and a stepping stone to where I want to be. It was interesting - the other night, Mike informed me that the last time he saw me happy at a job was when I was working with my "babies" doing social work. (Yes, we have been together THAT long.) My first reaction was to get mad and explain that the reason I went to law school was so that I could help these kids in a bigger way. Only time can answer whether this was the "right" choice, which is hard because I want instant answers....

ANYWAY - my parents are coming this weekend and I am so excited! We are going to a Red Sox/Rangers game, and it will just be great to spend some time with them. They just returned from Jamaica for a week, where apparently my dad was consistently asked if he wanted some "Ganja, man?" My mom thinks it was his beard. I'm not so sure....The funny thing is, while they were gone, I was 100% sure I discovered a doobie/roach/I don't know what they are called - in our air conditioning vent. I always go to the guest bathroom to dry my hair because Mike is usually still asleep when I get ready for work. On this particular morning, I was getting hot from the blow dryer and saw that the vent was closed. As I climbed up onto the sink to open the vent, a rolled up piece of paper fell out. It was burned around the edges and immediately my mind went to a conspiracy where the owner was hiding his marijuana habit from his wife.

Suddenly I was smelling marijuana (I have never been able to identify this smell - I am really not a very good smeller.) I went to wake Mike up who told me I was smelling my coffee. That evening, I showed him the drugs that were being smoked in our house. Except it was a label that seemed to have been attached to the vent when it was installed and somehow was singed when we put our heat on. Don't worry, our home is again drug free. :-)

Ok, these are the ramblings of Jenny on a Sunday. I think I am going to read my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment