Sunday, April 10, 2011

These Twists and Turns of Fate

Well, we have had some interesting turns of events here recently. My parents were in town last weekend which was wonderful! We pretty much ate our way through the weekend, and got to see a Rangers/Red Sox game on Sunday. I was a little take aback when Mike started bantering with the Rangers fans about Boston...he said he was just trying to fit in....

Mom and Dad left Monday morning as I was gearing myself up for work. Just a little background - going to work has become horrific over the past few months. I was having so much anxiety about it that I was physically sick in the mornings, and couldn't fall asleep at night. Obviously, I can't say too much, because when I googled myself, this blog came up and I don't want to burn any bridges. Mike and I had been going back and forth on whether my staying at this office was a positive thing, but that decision was made for me when I was told I was being let go on Tuesday afternoon.

Right before she left for the day, my boss came into my office and informed me that that day had been my last. She first explained that the firm needed to start looking for someone to work as a summer clerk, and that now was the hiring time. I took that excuse until I realized later that most of these kids probably will not start working until the summer rolls around. Then she proceeded to tell me that I am a little slower than most, (this is my interpretation, not her actual words) and this (being fired) will be a good thing because I need more time to study for the bar. How lovely of her to make that decision for me.

So, I left. I was upset because I never really got a reason for what was going on. I had no idea this was coming. At first I was relieved because I had been so miserable. But when I woke up today and realized I don't have any place to be tomorrow, I began to panic. I don't do well without structure and somehow I am going to have to create a some. Yes, studying for the bar is now my job, and I will have to schedule that time into my day. There are just a million other factors that I feel are flying around. I don't like loose ends.

On another note, my dermatologist tried to kill me. Now, I don't think that this could be proven in court, but I went to see her last Wednesday as a result of my adult onset acne that I self diagnosed. She looked at my skin and decided to put me on blood pressure medicine. The doctor said that this medicine has side effects of clearing up women's skin and making them loose weight. She also warned against taking in too much Potassium because I could have a heart attack. If it sounds too good to be true....

First sign I should have noticed - the doctor never took my blood pressure and I actually have really low blood pressure. When I was in hospital after tearing my ACL, the doctors had to keep coming in because the blood pressure machine kept saying I was dead. Don't worry - I wasn't. However, once I started taking this medicine, I realized that I felt sick any time I tried to eat something (let's be honest - that is not me at all.) Also, I was really lethargic. Yesterday I literally had no appetite and kept falling asleep on the couch. I have stopped the medicine and plan to call her tomorrow to see exactly what her thoughts are on this.

So that is what is going on here in Texas. Mike is busy as the semester is finishing up, and I am trying to clear my head and figure out my next move. Yes -I already went for a run :-) Hope all is well with everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment