Saturday, January 29, 2011

It All Began With a Birthday...

Yes, I have been out of commission recently. Mike had a birthday Jan. 20, and I was all prepared to write about it. I even have pictures! However, the birthday took a turn for the worst!

To begin, Mike and I love birthdays. Between the two of us, we probably celebrate our birthdays for two weeks out of the year. Why not celebrate you or someone you love for as long as you can? Mike's birthday was on a Thursday this year, which of course meant that he had class until 10 pm. I made a cake:



And we opened presents:




We celebrated Friday night by going to get some Mexican food, and then Saturday night we had reservations at a wonderful little French restaurant called, Cadot. For Christmas, Julia and Laura got us a gift certificate to this restaurant, and it worked out perfectly that we were able to use this to celebrate Mike's birthday! I wanted to take pictures of all the wonderful food, but Mike informed me that was embarrassing...I will tell you, we had escargot, soup, salad, duck and rack of lamb. We even had a souffle for dessert!



It was a great dinner, and on my way back from the restroom, I heard a couple of people speaking French. Well, I dabbled in French in high school in college (read: I have the worst southern accent and am horrible at languages.) Regardless, I got really excited and attempted to jump in this conversation. "Bonjour!" It ended up with Chef Cadot sitting down with us, buying Mike and I a glass of wine and talking to us a little bit about opening the restaurant.



After dinner we headed home. As any normal person decides at 1 am, I wanted to change the sheets. I had been meaning to do this for several days and just hadn't gotten around to it. I went into the laundry room and grabbed the sheets out of the dryer. As I was walking out, I tripped over the laundry basket and somehow either fell onto the doorknob, or fell without any arms to break my fall. I hit the left side of my ribs and lay on the floor writhing in pain. Yes. So, what do you do if you have broken/bruised a rib? Well, after you get done convincing yourself that your rib is broken and has also punctured your lung, and your husband has informed you that you probably would not be speaking or breathing properly if this had occurred, you wait. There is nothing you can do. So no, I haven't been to the doctor. I have been taking A LOT of Advil and trying to keep my body stable, which is hard to do as I am antsy and clutsy. Regardless, that is where I have been.

So, I am trying to take it easy this weekend and rest up. My mom is actually in town with one of her best friends and we have gotten to see them some, but that is a whole other post. I will keep you updated!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment