Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Alright, You win

Dear Friends that have gotten married before me,

You win. When you called me with your stressors and problems before your wedding, I tried to be supportive, but was sort of thinking (and don't get offended) "Seriously? How stressful can planning a wedding be?" Well, I get it. I am officially stressed. And it's not because I am nervous about the wedding, or am getting cold feet because I know that I want to spend the rest of my life with Mike. The issue is that I am not in complete control of the situation, and the days are flying by more quickly than I could have imagined. 66 Days!? When did that happen? When we got engaged with 9 months to the big day, I thought we had this under our belts. And yet, things so quickly spin out of control that somehow I have to just take a deep breath and let it go. (And yes, I am doing a lot of running!)

So what has been going on? I think the problem is that I am not physically in Birmingham to take care of things on my own timeline. Instead, I have made 2 visits where my mom, sisters and I met with so many vendors and signed so many contracts that my head was spinning. And suddenly, there were a billion things I didn't know existed...maybe I WOULD like a photo booth, or a cigar roller, or our monogram lit on the wall. (Yes, Lauren, all from your beautiful wedding!) Maybe my centerpieces should be different...Thank goodness my mom was there to keep me on track and keep me on budget!

Last week, I traveled to Birmingham to make another dent in the planning. My sisters and I stuffed and printed invitations (I can't believe they are about to go out), I went to try on my dress (that is still not completed) and met with a lady who is going to print our programs. All these little details that you really can't do until you are really close to the wedding. I am going to be gluing and tying ribbons on those programs for a week! Mike has promised to help with wedding stuff (We still don't have a honeymoon) since his comps are turned in, yet when I told him there would be 200 wedding programs delivered to glue and assemble, he informed me that he does not do arts and crafts. While I argued my point that this was a wedding for both of us, he asked me if I really wanted him to do it or just wanted him to be involved. Well played, Mike, because I don't trust you with a glue stick!

And so, I will continue to push through. No mind that I am unemployed, and spent my entire day in one place on the couch, in my pajamas yesterday emailing and calling wedding people. This too will pass. I am just ready to get my legal piece of paper, dance the night away and call Mike my husband!

Hope all is well with y'all!

4 comments:

  1. Amy Limbaugh StrongMarch 31, 2010 at 8:38 PM

    Best of luck with the planning Jenny! We put together a wedding (fabulous I might add) in 4 months! Eeek! Looking back not sure how we did it. Also, we did not have a honeymoon destination until 2 weeks before! You will get it all done and it will be the best day of your life!! Congrats and good luck with the final details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jenny i know it will be a beautiful wedding! don't stress too much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please let me do something!!! I can go visit a vendor, run errands, or whatever you want me to do!! Seriously, just let me know. I am at your service!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shout out on your blog! Bet I was one of the people you were thinking was crazy. Ha! Let me know if I can help.

    ReplyDelete