Friday, April 9, 2010

P90X and Some Blogging Competition

So, I haven't written in about a week. The wedding mania has calmed, and I have become focused on how I am going to lose just a little bit of weight for the wedding. (This is because I made a batch of dip last night and ate the whole thing. I can't stop myself.) Anyway, dad and I decided that we would not be in shape to run a 1/2 marathon in the time we had left, and my knee was hurting from the last one, so I got the P90X videos. If you are not familiar with this program, it is a set of 12 DVDs that you do each day (with one day of resting) for 90 days. I am pretty sure they were created in hell. They promise results in 90 days if you are consistent.

The problem I have run into is that I cannot move after I complete these workouts. I am literally so sore that getting off the couch is a problem. And I am sore in places that I didn't even work out! I did push ups/pull ups the first day, and ended up with my abs screaming every time I tried to move! (And don't be fooled, I can't do a pull up.) I am also supposed to be following their diet, but I don't think a batch of dip is included, so I am opting out of that choice.

So we will see. I would love to have some definition in my arms, but it would definitely be easier if I had someone pushing me everyday. Mike came in while I was doing some sort of extreme cardio and told me I wasn't doing it the way that the people on the tv were. I yelled at him. I know, I am ashamed, but I was in so much pain, and he was standing there eating a cookie! He has learned to stay in the other room while the videos are on.

Moving right along to my next subject. I have a competitor in the blogging world! Ok, she doesn't know that we are competing, but she is really starting to irritate me. During law school, I found this girl's blog that I really liked. She has two children, is married to a surgery resident and seems to be perfect in every way. I have actually left comments on her blog and feel as though we have some sort of relationship that we clearly do not. Recently, I have been comparing myself to her. (Not the family stuff, just what she writes about.) First of all, I swear if I try to do something, she does it ten times better, and we always seem to try these things around the same time. Examples:
1) While I was training for my marathon, she decided she would train for one and of course, ran it much faster than me. (I am attributing this to longer legs, even though I have never met her.)
2) Recently I have gotten an inclination to cook and try new recipes. Of course, I click on her blog, and she has set out the recipe on how to bake bread and has pictures of bread she has baked (something like 12 loaves) that she gave out as Valentine's Day gifts!
3) Yesterday I checked her blog, and guess what she is now doing. Yes, you are correct. P90X. Are you kidding me?? I couldn't believe it. AND she is 3 days ahead of me. Ugh.

Mike doesn't understand why I am threatened by a girl I have never met. I tried to explain to him that it is like running on the treadmill at the gym and trying to go faster than the person beside you. He didn't get it. Does anyone else?

Alright, I am going to attempt to make it to the shower without further injuring myself. Hope all is well with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment