Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Wedding Work Out

Let me preface this post with the fact that I don't diet. I am horrible at it and just love food too much. I may make it a few days eating healthily, but after that my cravings for a sloppy Mexican dinner or a box of macaroni and cheese take over. And so, with 83 days left until our wedding, I decided something must be done. No, I don't think I am fat, but I would like to tone some parts of my body that were forgotten while I hid inside this winter.

The first part of the plan is to get back into running. I really don't run when it is cold out. It is miserable and coming home with windburn and snow all over my shoes does not make those endorphins flow. However, it has started to warm up and I have been able to get back outside. It was while I was running the other day that I came up with my fabulous plan. I want to run a half marathon right before the wedding so that I will constantly be running and in shape. I called my dad who is considering running with me dependent on his training goes. At this point, we are looking at some races in Virginia.

However, yesterday when I woke up for my run and looked outside, it noticed it was overcast and just looked cold. (That is how I determine whether or not it is too cold. I look out the window.) I decided to pull out one of my workout DVDs (Tank Top Arms, Bikini Belly and Boy Short Bottom) so I could get something in. Well, let me tell you how depressing it is to start a DVD that you used to perform with no problem, and find that you are a little light headed and sweating buckets five minutes in. I pressed on, but by the end when I was supposed to be doing push ups, I had to stop because my arms were shaking from all the work they had done up to that point. Needless to say I am limping around today and trying not to carry anything heavier than my chapstick.

So that is my wedding work out plan. Mike and I are trying to eat better which for him means cutting out chicken wings. He had his last supper last night and while placing his order over the phone, told the waitress that he was "going on a wedding diet, so please make these wings good." I think he was satisfied. Hope everyone had a great weekend - I will keep you posted on how these next 83 days turn out!

1 comment:

  1. oh i know how you feel. i tried to jump rope a few months ago and 2 minutes in i had to run to the bathroom to throw up

    ReplyDelete