Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Lots to Celebrate!

I can't believe that Valentine's Day is almost here and I didn't recap Mike's birthday as well as his favorite holiday, the Superbowl.  I have been trying to take more pictures to document our lives and I think it makes the blog a little more fun. Mike's parents came in town for a long weekend to celebrate with us. He got to open a present early so that we could all enjoy tickets to the hockey game from his parents. We had a lot of fun Friday night and enjoyed getting out. I still have a little problem with the "Ice Girls" that clean up the shavings of ice during time outs. I get the cheerleaders/dancers/Hooters in training girls outside the rink. But the girls that come out with sports bras and shovels to "clean up" really has me a little confused. Mike calls them the JV squad.


Saturday night we had reservations to go to a steak house downtown. I was really excited about it because I know how much Mike loves a meat and potato dinner. We ordered a 48 oz steak. I'm not kidding. It did have a bone in it, but it was humongous. Yes, we had leftovers. Yes, it was delicious. While the food was amazing, I did have a little run in with the hostess. Being a hostess at several restaurants in the past, it takes a lot for me to get upset with them. Mistakes happen, and I know people can be rude. However, when you look me straight in the eye and tell me that there is no reservation listed for me and "what do you want me to do about it" I am going to have to speak to your manager.

Luckily, we got settled at a nice table with several good martinis. We had a great time with the Cherbs and look forward to seeing them soon.




(P.S. - This was my first double decker cake. It came out quite well if I do say so myself!)


Moving on to February 5, my brother in law's birthday, as well as Mike's favorite holiday. The Superbowl. I don't think he even cared who was playing this year - in fact I know he didn't. What he cared about was the excuse to pull the d**m fryer back out of the garage, go to Sam's and buy an economy carton of oil, chicken wings and fries. I cannot lie. I had an excuse to eat bricks of cream cheese by telling myself I had mixed them with something else. It was disgusting, and yet, so delicious.


Yes, both of these delicious bowls/plates of goodness are from Pinterest. Sorry, I can't figure out how to turn the picture around. You get the idea.

So, that about wraps it up. I do have to share one funny thing that happened last night. My husband has been obsessed with some computer game he found awhile back. I am not going to tell you the name, but I will tell you that it involves a lot of strategy and math, and more work than I would like to do if I am trying to relax. Regardless, at 2 am this morning, I was shaken awake. I jerked up thinking something was wrong - did I oversleep? What was going on? Mike literally said to me, "Oh good. You're up." He looked at me and said proudly, "We (his computer team of geeks/ friends) won the game." He then took my camera and took a picture of the computer screen to commemorate this accomplishment.

Stay away ladies. He's mine. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment