Sunday, December 11, 2011

New Adventures

It's been a long two weeks. I haven't been working much more than the average person, (although I haven't had any days/weekends off since Thanksgiving) but driving back and forth between these different jobs can be tiring and confusing. This week was a special adventure. I have been helping my boss sell her cell phone covers at various expos around the city. Tuesday evening we ventured to Southfork Ranch. If you are a "Dallas" fan, you know this is where the hit tv series was shot. If not, it is a cool, historic piece of land. We showed up for the Native American Chamber of Commerce Expo. Yep. Cell phones blinged out in Swarsvoski crystals competing with hand made candles, snuff boxes and lava lamps. Good times. We made $32 and packed up our product. It just really wasn't our market.

Thursday night I brought the covers to a "Girl's Night Out" at a small boutique. Here's the thing about Dallas. There is constant competition to be the next New York City or L.A. While Mike and I love the area and most of the people we have met, there is definitely an elite group that believes the only people worth talking to are those with money. A lot of money. It was clearly exhibited to me when Pat Smith (Emmett Smith's wife) walked in. Y'all, she was as sweet as she could be, chatted with me and gave me a hug. I was appalled by the way everyone else was falling over her. I have never seen a group of grown women compete for attention and approval as much as they did that night. I called Mike when I left (after being ignored by these women for 2 hours) to tell him I was over it and that I hated women. He listened to me vent with a "Thank you for what you are contributing to the family dear" thrown in here and there. (He is learning.)

I got home and fell asleep. When I woke up the next day I couldn't find my keys.The last time this happened, I found them in the wine drawer... After a lot of searching, freaking out and then laying on the couch to rest my eyes for just a second, I texted my boss. He told me not to worry about coming in because he wasn't feeling well anyway. As soon as I got back in the bed, Mike brought me my keys.I have heard that when you reach a certain point of exhaustion, you being acting like you are drunk. Perfect example. My keys had been laying in the closet by my shoes. To wrap up, I FINALLY have a day off. Mike and I are going to get a Christmas tree today and I am hoping to clean up so I don't trip over something every time I try to make my way through the bedroom in the dark. I have too many bruises that I can't explain.

I am looking forward to Christmas shopping and decorating and getting into the spirit! We finally sold our St. Louis condo on Friday. It had been on the market for 14 months and we are ecstatic! (Christmas was on the verge of being cancelled...) Everything is back to our kind of normal for at least a day or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment