Monday, October 3, 2011

Grandma

My Grandma is not doing well. Yesterday she was admitted to the hospital with a subdural hematoma (bleeding in the brain.) I did not know what that was and looked it up on the computer - this was a horrible idea because everything is so negative. My parents told me to get off the computer. ANYWAY, my aunt found Grandma in the tub without any water in it, adding another concern as she has apparently been more confused than normal for the past few days. Thank goodness she is living with them. Last night we knew nothing, which was hard. We didn't know if she was still bleeding or what sort of damage she may have incurred..

We still don't know much. This morning, the doctors drained the blood and are keeping her until Wednesday. She is in and out of consciousness and confused. Right now she is unable to lift her left arm, but she will be going to rehab Wednesday to work on that and whatever other issues may come up. My parents are going to Virginia Thursday morning and hopefully we will have more information then. In the meantime, please just think positive thoughts, or do what you do, in hopes that she will get better. She is 80, but as my mother in law said, "That is young!" She is a fighter, so hopefully things will be ok. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment