Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Life Kinda Got in the Way

Sorry guys - we have been busy! I checked to see when the last time I had written was, and felt so horrible. The problem is, nothing majorly exciting has been going on - we are just busy! Thank the Lord, we are making friends here, and that makes our Saturday nights just a little more exciting. We celebrated a friend's 30th Birthday with her by going to a Haunted House and then cruising in a limo until 2:00 am. I have said it once, and I will say it again - recovering from the celebration of turning 21 and the celebration of turning 30 are two completely different things. Mike and I had a nice day of lounging that Sunday after. However, we met some wonderful new people and planned to hang out with them more the next weekend at a Halloween party.

This past Wednesday Mike's parents came in town. They were on their way to Puerta Vierta (so lucky) and stopped in for a visit. Mike's mother and I hit the town on Friday night as cowgirls to celebrate one of her friend's b'days. We had a blast and I was all excited about our Saturday night Halloween plans. Instead, Mike decided to get sick and we stayed home. It probably ended up working out for the best because I am studying for the (wait for it) BAR again. I know. What is wrong with me. However, I found a different program here that starts 2 months earlier than the other program I used, and seems to be more tailored to people that have test anxiety like me, or just take a little longer to grasp the concepts. So, we are now on a countdown to the end of February!

Work is going well, and I still have a lot to do, which is exciting. One of my friends (yes, you Rachel) made the point that since I am clerking, I may have even more motivation to study for the Bar because I am so happy doing a small piece of what I could be doing. I thought it was some good advice, and I am looking at this as a new challenge.

Aside from that, we are just living life. No, the garage is not clean, and no the dishes aren't always done, but we are really happy. I got upset the other day when I was attempting to make a budget and exclaimed, "Mike, we are so poor!!" He looked at me and said, "I know Jenny, but at least we are happy." Sweet thing. Made my night.

So, that's what we've been up to! Oh - also, I am new Mad Men fanatic. I have rented it from Netflix starting from the beginning. If you are not watching this show - you need to. I will try to write more often - just don't want to bore y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment