Monday, October 4, 2010

We Heart Denny's

Did you ever think that your new favorite restaurant would be Denny's? If you are shaking your head, I will assure you, neither did we my friend, neither did we. However, there is one about .5 miles away from our house and Mike has designated it his new favorite wing joint. I am having a hard time saying, "no, no, let me cook" after work, when we can just head to Denny's and get a Patty Melt and french fries with the BEST RANCH ever!! And no, we don't eat there. It's not like a date night. One of us picks up the food, and we plant ourselves in front of the television to spend some "quality time" together. As I am writing this, I am becoming concerned, and going to make myself get up and run tomorrow. I think I am also going to the grocery store.

However, until tomorrow, let me tell you some new and wonderfully surprising things about Denny's.

1) They don't just do breakfast. I never knew this! I was the one to pick up the meal this evening and I walked in to find multiple things that appealed to my naughty taste buds. Patty melts, cheeseburgers, wings, and quesadillas - you will never get bored when you are visiting Denny's.

2) No one cares what you look like. I went to get a pedicure this evening after work and did not blink any eye walking into the "restaurant" with my pedicure flip flops on. The guy in front of my was pushing 400 pounds (which may soon be us if we don't watch it) and had a jersey on that said "John." John had to leave his food on the counter because his credit card was declined. Again, I didn't bat an eye. You can do whatever you want in Denny's.

3) Denny's actually has salads! I discovered this when I was perusing the menu somewhere between bites of my patty melt. If you are ever in the mood for something "light" they truly do have a selection! (Also as I scarfed down my grease fest, we were fast forwarding through episodes of The Biggest Loser.) Again, some guilt there.

After this post I have decided we will not be heading back to Denny's for awhile. However, for tonight, it was just what the doctor ordered. Ha!

1 comment:

  1. Denny's for wings? This truly is the most unexpected post I have ever read from you. Unexpected but delightful!

    ReplyDelete