Tuesday, February 16, 2010

This and That

Well, lots of things have been going on here. First, and the thing that will have the biggest impact is: I quit my job at the restaurant. I am not going to get into all the drama that occurred (even after the stuff I already told you about), but I was miserable. Mike and I agreed that the next time one of the managers sat me down to talk about how bad I was, I could resign. Don't worry - the next day, I was sat down AGAIN, and I gave them my two weeks notice. The good thing is, I don't think they are going to make me work an entire two weeks because they view me as such an inadequate staff member. As far as finding another job, I am hoping to get back into social work. I have a few lines in the water, so if you get a chance say a little prayer. Otherwise, Mike and I will be married and broke.

Next thing...my parents just came up for the holiday (Valentine's Day and President's Day) weekend. I was so happy to see them and we had a great time just catching up, and doing a little bit of touring. Dad made reservations at a great restaurant for Valentine's Day, we visited the Schlafley Brew House and got a lot of snow! It was the first time that it had actually snowed several inches here and looked beautiful. I wish I had pictures to show you, but I never end up bringing my camera when we go out.

That's about it. Just wanted to touch base and let you know what has been going on!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry your managers were such a-holes Jenny! I know you are happier though :)

    ReplyDelete