Saturday, December 18, 2010

Boring Saturday Night

Have we already turned into that old married couple? I have been sitting at the kitchen table for six hours studying Constitutional Law, while Mike is watching crime shows upstairs. I think he intentionally does this when he wants to be alone because he knows I cannot stomach the blood and gore that are portrayed in the re-enactments. I am ready to head home for the holidays. I got my stockings up and holiday cards out, but we do not have a tree this year. :-(

The tree that I bought in St. Louis has been somehow so "tucked away" in the back of the closet that you cannot get to it without uprooting the entire house. I suggested that we go pick out a live tree, but was not quite aware of how expensive they are! Plus, neither of us have had the time. We don't even have any gifts for anyone yet! But, it will all work out. We are leaving for Birmingham on Wednesday and staying there until Sunday. On Sunday, we head towards Atlanta to celebrate Christmas and Mike's father's b'day before heading back to Birmingham. We will stay there one day and then come back to Texas. It will be a lot of traveling, but I am so excited to see my family and friends in Birmingham. It has been almost seven months!

This week, my highlight was when one of my old college roommates and bridesmaid, Lauren, came in town. She was here for her brother's graduation, but came in a little early to work in the Dallas office, and have dinner with me! (Or so I tell myself.) It was so great to see her. I love friends where you can pick up like you just saw them the day before and continue on. We went to eat Mexican and realized what seemed like 5 minutes later that we had been sitting there for 3.5 hours. I have not laughed so hard in such a long time and it was just wonderful to see her.

The rest of the week consisted of working, sleeping and studying. We had our holiday party at work, and after a feast of turkey and all the fixin's, we played Dirty Santa. I was so excited because I stole (yes, I stole) a Snuggie from one of my co-workers. I have been wanting one for so long! And then, someone stole it from me. My next gift was a gift card to eat. Very quickly stolen. I ended up with some cute wine stoppers and wine glass identification things that look like Christmas ornaments. My boss gave me a bottle of sweet tea vodka and a book I have been wanting to read - pretty much right on the money!

The last thing I have to ramble about is that my very best friend from the time we were 2, is expecting a little boy. He is already a week late, and I am getting very impatient!! I can't begin to imagine how she is feeling. The doctors told her, if the baby does not come by the 24th, they will induce and he will be a Christmas baby! I can't wait to get home to Birmingham and meet my little nieces and finally see pictures of my new nephew!

Well, Mike has emerged from upstairs...he is charge of buying the Christmas presents this year because he is on Christmas break. As a student. I will update if anything exciting comes along!!

No comments:

Post a Comment